Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 6 – 8 hours
Oreo Toffee Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 56 Oreo Cookies (4 full packs of Oreos)
- 110g unsalted butter
- 60g sugar
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 200g double cream
- 800g mascarpone cheese or full-fat soft cream cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla extract or flavouring
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Agar-agar (setting agent)
Toffee Sauce Ingredients:
- 30g granulated sugar
- 40g soft dark brown sugar
- 20g unsalted butter
- 200g double cream
- 9-inch spring form tin
- 2 mixing bowls
- Medium sized saucepan
- Separate and scrape the cream filling from the outer brown cookie from 3 full packs of Oreos (42 Oreos) into two separate bowls
- To make your biscuit base, crush the outer brown cookies in a plastic food bag until smooth.
Chefs Tip: No plastic bag? Put the brown cookies between 2 pieces of cling film and use a rolling pin to crush until smooth.
- Add melted butter to the crushed brown cookies until fully incorporated, then add the cookie-butter mixture to the base of your spring-form pan and place in the fridge to chill.
- Add mascarpone (or full-fat soft cheese), honey, sugar, vanilla extract, (and cookie cream filling optional) to a medium sized saucepan on a medium-to-low heat on the hob and whisk until smooth and there are no visible lumps.
- In a separate bowl add double cream and place in a microwave for 1 ½ minutes until warm, then add Agar agar (the setting agent) into your warm double cream and whisk until smooth and no lumps are visible.
- Add your cream-agar-agar mixture to your cream cheese mixture on the hob and stir on a medium-low heat until your cream-cheese filling has reached the texture of thick custard
Chefs Tip: Dip your stirring spoon into your cream-cheese mixture, and run a (clean) finger line along the back of the spoon. If the line you have created in the spoon holds firm your mixture is ready to take off the heat. If the line created does not hold, return to the heat until it does. Do not let your mixture bubble as it may split.
- Add your cream-cheese mixture to your cookie base and set aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before refrigerating.
Note: It’s important to let the mixture cool before adding to the fridge to prevent your fridge becoming too warm once your cheesecake is added.
Now… Time to make your toffee sauce to go in, and on your cheesecake! (Optional)
- Add the butter and sugars to a bowl and heat in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds then stir until melted and incorporated. Add to microwave again for another 30 seconds.
Note: Watch the sugar-butter mixture melt at all times in the microwave, it will come to a bubble and become very hot, when it does, take it out of the microwave and stir.
- Add double cream slowly to your butter-sugar mixture and stir continually to prevent splitting.
- Once fully combined your toffee sauce is ready to swirl on top of your cheesecake. Save some of your toffee sauce to serve on top once your cheesecake is ready to eat!
- Add your cheesecake to the fridge and allow to chill for at least 6 to 8 hours. Overnight is even better!
- Decorate the top of your cheesecake with crushed Oreo cookies. We’ve also decorated with Crushed Oreo cookies and our Oreo Brownies – recipe here.
- Release your cheesecake from your spring-form pan, slice and enjoy!
Chef Tips & Extras:
- Use a blowtorch around the outside of your springform pan to help release your cheesecake easier.
- For clean slices of cheesecake, dip your knife into hot water before slicing and clean using a paper towel after each cut.
- Add our Oreo brownies on top your cheesecake here.
- Want to make your cheesecake look really professional, garnish with fresh mint and fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries.