Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 people
Plantain, Chickpea & Coconut Vegan Curry Ingredients:
- 2 tins of chickpeas (strained)
- 3 whole ripe firm (yellow) plantain
- 1 bag of fresh spinach (washed)
- 2 tins of coconut milk
- 1 whole onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 teaspoon of garlic granules or 2 fresh garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons of mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of cooking oil
- 200ml still water
Best served with a side of white rice or quinoa
- Add cooking oil, onions, garlic, thyme, chilli flakes, curry powder and paprika to a large saucepan and stir on a medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until spices have cooked and onions have softened and become translucent.
- Add strained chickpeas and 200ml of water to your saucepan, and turn up to a high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, with the lid on, until it reaches a simmer and your chickpeas become soft. Taste test using a clean teaspoon!
- Add the 2 tin of coconut milk to your saucepan and bring to a simmer on a medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Using a knife, peel and remove the skin from your plantain and slice into 1-inch thick disks and add to your saucepan and cook for 6 to 7 minutes until simmering. Your curry should begin to reduce, thicken and become a little darker in colour.
- Turn to a low heat and add Spinach until wilted
- Add salt and pepper to taste then remove from the heat
- Serve with a side of white rice or quinoa and enjoy!
Try making our Vegan Jamaican Jerk marinade recipe here.
For a social media feature, tag us your foodie post at @mydineuk
Use the hashtag #MyDineMyWay
View our catering services for events, meetings and more here.