Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients:
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 130g of butter (melted)
- 140g oft brown sugar
- 120g granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or flavouring
- Chocolate chips (milk, white or dark chocolate)
- Pre-heat your oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180 °C on a fan oven
- Melt butter in microwave for 20 to 30 seconds and mix until fully melted
- In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter to the brown sugar and granulated sugar and whisk until no lumps are visible.
- Add whole egg and whisk until pale in colour and fully incorporated and pale in colour.
- Add vanilla extract and mix
- Sift plain flour, baking powder and salt into your butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla mixture.
- Using a spatula fold all the ingredients together until fully incorporated; your dough should have a firm, dough-like, consistency
- Chop your chocolate into small bite size pieces and add your chosen fillings to your cookie dough and mix
- Add baking paper to a tray to prevent your cookies from sticking
- Using an ice cream scoop, or using your hands, roll into balls and place onto your baking paper evenly spaced apart (pictured below) to allow cookies to spread.
- Bake cookie dough for 10 to 12 minutes and allow to cool. Note, they should be under-baked to remain chewy.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days
Try our Easy Oreo Brownies recipe here.
Try our Fluffy Pancakes & Blueberry Sauce Recipe here.
Try our 4 Simple Food Recipes here.